Wednesday 9 October 2013

After effects is not your friend...

The other night I was thinking about how I could animate my first assignment. It occurred to me that I had never really explored the fabled "Puppet Tool" in After Effects and set about animating one of the many characters I have scanned and stored on my laptop. I spent the evening just playing about with this tool and making myself laugh quite a lot. This exercise also made me remember how much of a fickle and unpredictable program AE can be. Needless to say there was a lot of shouting and threatening my laptop with a trip out of the window. 

I found the tool quite easy to get to grips with. I think in order to use it effectively i'd need to maybe modify the character a bit more, and draw it with the tool in mind rather than just trying to animate any old thing. This is something I'm looking into and continuing to experiment with so keep a weather eye to the horizon this isn't the last little video I will be posting up over the next few weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment