Saturday 19 October 2013

Here Ye, Here ye!

Let the bells ring and the heavens rejoice. Come out onto the streets all ye boys and girls, men and women. Celebrate, dance long into the night, put your hands around the face of the person next to you and squeeze until they're eyes pop out. Yes, that's right folks! According to an article I read on Skwigly tonight, The Clangers are coming back! You can read the article for yourselves here: REJOICE! 

Yes my friends, The Clangers. I watched the clangers as a child (about thirty years after it originally came out mind you) and what strikes me now, watching them again (I often find myself going back to them if I feel blue, need cheering up or simply need reminding of why I actually want to do this) it is fascinating to pick apart the pure joy that this little show can bring. This, to me, is what animation is all about. It isn't big, it isn't flashy, it didn't have a massive budget. It was two guys who had a story to tell, and the heart and imagination to tell it. In the article  Peter Firmin, one of the creators of the show said: 

"The new series will include great storytelling with lots of heart" 


No comments:

Post a Comment